This is a permanent position based around our headquarters in Coatesville, PA. This is NOT a constant per diem job. Per Diem is only supplied if the job is outside of a certain radius of our headquarters and bid within the job. Serious candidates only.
This position is responsible for diagnosing mechanical failures and makes needed repairs to motorized equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, tractors, tractor components, trucks and other vehicles.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Assembles, sets up, adjusts, maintains and repairs all types of construction equipment, cranes and trucks.
* May perform the duties of a welder in repair of equipment
* Inspects and diagnoses vehicles to determine need for and cost of repairs.
* Tests, repairs or installs mechanical units, such as water pumps, fuel pumps, governors, distributors, carburetor systems, brakes, clutches and other such devices.
* Removes transmissions and engines to be sent to outside service for repairs.
* Installs new or repaired unit back into vehicle.
* Performs minor tune ups to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the vehicle.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two+ years related mechanic experience and/or training
* Mechanic experience on Grove, Manitowoc, Link Belt and Terex cranes is a plus.
* Experience with Asphalt Heavy Equipment (Milling Machine, Power Broom, Box Blade, Shuttle Buggy, Pneumatic Roller, Asphalt Screed, Concrete Paving Equipment) is a plus.
* Mechanical, welding, and electrical experience preferred
* For safety reasons, it is imperative that the employee be able to read and speak fluent English.