JobDescription: Millwright Foreman
Reports to: Field Superintendent
Purpose: Monitor the quality, safety, and provide planning anddirection directly to the assigned crew of craftsmen for constructionactivities for construction projects.
Work Schedule: Full Time. Travel required at times.
Essential Skills: (mayinclude but are not limited to the ability to)
· Plan,coordinate and/or supervise construction activities of craft employees
· Providematerial take offs and labor estimates for new bids and added scope and attendpre bid meetings
· Thoroughlyreview scope documents, drawings, and specifications.
· Studyproject execution and tracking documents including the project execution plan,project safety plan, QA/QC plan, schedule, man loading projections, equipmentrental schedule, installed quantity and labor tracking plan, and subcontractingstrategy.
· Ensureproject is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
· Interfacewith Superintendent to ensure all company, client, and project policies andprocedures are adhered to.
· Interfacewith all project team members as required in the establishment of projectschedules and resolving schedule problems.
· Provideleadership and management for craftsmen, ensuring to organize and lay out workfor crews.
· Ensurethat materials, drawings, manpower, specifications, tools, consumables, andequipment are available when needed.
· Provideprioritized work activity instructions to all crews and monitor their progress.
· Assistwith the implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
· Responsibilitiesinclude verification of maintaining ASME, AISC, ANSI and associated codes asrequired per project.
· Maintainstrict adherence to the policies set forth in the QA/QC manual.
· Mentorcraft personnel for professional development.
· Workwithin precise limits and standards of accuracy.
· Followoral and written directions.
· Workwithin company policy as outlined in the JGM Employees handbook, Safety Manual,QA/QC Manual and OSHA & MSHA Safety rules.
· Performother duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
· Mustbe able to operate the following tools:
· Musthave a valid license and able to operate the following:
o Companytrucks (DOT)
o 10,000lbs. gas powered fork truck
o High-reachequipment up to 45 feet
o Carry-deckcrane and small capacity lifts
· Ableto work off of elevated platforms (i.e. scaffolding, high-reach equipment,elevated pipe-racks
· Highschool diploma
· Five(5) years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial projects suchas refineries, petro-chemical complexes, power plants, cement plants, oil &Gas terminals etc.
· Familiarwith construction methods, techniques, and labor requirements and how theyapply to industrial construction projects.
· Abilityto effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, andcraft employees.
· Possessexcellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively manage craftemployees.
· Hands-onjob foreman experience
· Read,write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform jobfunctions (other preferences will be given for special language skills wherethere is a business need)
· Thedemands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to usehands and fingers to assemble, connect, weld, or attach parts. The employee is required to stand, walk, andreach with hands.
· Theemployee must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds properly. Specific vision abilities required by thisjob include close vision and distance vision.
· Employeemay be required to perform the following
o Climbstepladders and extension ladders\
o Workfrom a raised platform
o Operatetools properly and safely
o Operatehigh reaches, scissor lifts, fork-trucks, cranes, if properly trained.
o Passpulmonary tests to wear respirator
· Employeemay be required to properly drills, welding equipment, saws, ladders, levels,wrenches, hammers, safety equipment, all tools in the requirements list, etc..
Tool Requirements: see attached tools list (if required)
Environment: Construction Workers perform physicallydemanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping,kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at greatheights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers toharmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerousmachinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or otherhazardous substances during their work especially when working in confinedspaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such asgloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes,respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction,Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures andmust deal with a variety of hazards.
About JGM, Inc.: JGM, Inc., is an AISCcertified structural steel fabricator and Industrial construction Company. JGM,Inc. has 5 business units that encompass design & engineering services,Heavy Fabrication, Mechanical and Erection services, Rigging & HaulingServices, and Construction Management Services. JGM, Inc. specializes in fasttrack, design build opportunities with complex constraints such as remotelocations, difficult logistics & aggressive schedules. JGM, Inc. pridesitself on delivering the impossible. With JGM’s skilled workforce, ourexperienced project management team, and our state of the art manufacturingfacility we have the resources needed to meet your next challenge…. When YouNeed It Yesterday!