At JGM, steel is in our blood. Structural steel fabrication is where we started and it’s the core of who we are today.
When it comes to steel fabrication, there’s no job that we can’t handle from industrial steel fabrication to complex steel fabrication, and everything in between. JGM is the go-to steel fabrication company to tackle any project and deliver it safely, on time, and of the highest quality. To learn more about steel fabrication, JGM’s capabilities in this service area, and some of our most noteworthy and unique.
What is Steel Fabrication?
Steel fabrication involves various techniques and processes for creating a variety of components that are used in buildings, bridges, industrial structures, and industrial equipment utilizing cutting, bending, assembling, and welding. Because structural steel fabrication typically is the foundation for any significant construction project, it requires a team of skilled craftsmen with specialized expertise to ensure quality and on time delivery.
What are JGM’s Steel Fabrication Capabilities?
With our 65,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication shop, JGM literally has the space to take on the biggest challenges. We have lifting capacity up to 68 tons! But it’s not the space and large equipment that gets the project done, it’s the exceptional qualifications, certifications, and extensive experience we bring to the table that puts our capabilities in the lead of steel fabrication companies.
JGM’s fabrication facility has an extensive quality control program allowing us to support just about any major fabricated structure in North America. JGM currently is an AISC certified facility with the following credentials: Standard Building (BU), Certified Bridge Fabricator (ABR)–Advanced Bridge, and Fracture Critical Endorsed (FE). Further, JGM is one of the few steel fabrication companies approved by New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) as a certified fabricator for high rise work and other building within the city limits. JGM is also an approved AISC certified fabricator with the following Department of Transportations and Government Agencies.
- New Jersey Tansit Authority
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- United States Army Corp of Engineers
- New York State DOT
- New York City DOT
- Pennsylvania DOT
- Connecticut DOT
- Massachusetts DOT
JGM’s welding expertise continues to expand every day. We have over 75 WPSs and PQRs at our fingertips, allowing us to increase productivity and quality of any given joint. We utilize the latest equipment and technology to produce the highest quality products with the most efficiently. Below are some of the welding processes that we use daily. Stay tuned, as robotic welding will soon be added to JGM’s fleet!
- FCAW (flux-cored arc welding)
- SMAW (shielded metal arc welding)
- SAW (submerged arc welding)
- MIG/GMAW/MAG (gas metal arc welding)
- TIG/GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
We use the latest technology to guarantee that we deliver the highest quality product in the most efficient way possible. JGM employs 3-D scanning and TEKLA BIM for our shop drawings to make sure our steel fabrication projects fit the first time. And, to track all our inventory, production progress, MTRs, and QC reports at every step of the way, the JGM team uses TEKLA EPM.
With all the right tools at our fingertips, our breadth of experience under our belts, and a team of highly trained craftsman at the ready, we’re prepared to meet any challenge from waterslide structures to stainless steel piping, specialty-lined chutes, and hoppers, as well as all of your heavy fabricated steel for your next high-rise project. JGM is the team to fabricate just about anything!
What are JGM’s Notable Steel Fabrication Projects?
Because we take on the steel fabrication challenges that other fabricators often deem impossible, we have so many incredible examples of our work to share. Check out a few of our more unique projects here!
- George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal – This $11 million-dollar structural steel fabrication and erection contract was a 36-month undertaking that required over 500 tons of structural steel and extraordinary orchestration efforts to complete in the middle of one of New York’s busiest bus stations without causing interruption.
- Mystic River Waterslide – One of the most unique projects in JGM’s history, our team was tasked with helping to fast- track the fabrication of a 4.5 story waterslide when the primary fabricator began falling behind. We jumped in to assist with completing the 90 feet tall, 10 foot x 10 foot raft drop ride on time and on schedule to open the new waterpark with this impressive feature.
- 66 Hudson Spiral – JGM was tasked with supporting Cives & Banker Steel to fabricate over 20 box columns made of 4 inch thick plate, each weighing over 90,000 pounds for a high rise in downtown Manhattan. Because JGM is AISC (BU) certified with a Fracture Critical Endorsement (FE) as well as an approved fabricator by NYCDOB, we eliminated the full-time third party inspection requirement, leading to significant cost savings for the owner.
- US SILCA Project – With the client experiencing significant delivery issues with their existing fabricator they turned to JGM for the extra horsepower JGM was called-in lend a hand. We fabricated over 1200 tons of galvanized structural steel, 300 tons of fabricated chutes and hoppers and over 12,000 LF of 2-line railing all within a 90-day period from time of award.
We’re Up for the Challenge
Looking for an experienced and capable steel fabrication company to assist with your next industrial construction or infrastructure project or just need a partner to support your current steel fabrication efforts? We’re up for the challenge! At JGM, we pride ourselves on completing projects, safely, quickly, and to the highest standards of quality. With over 20 years’ experience and a project portfolio that speaks for itself, trust us with your next steel fabrication project.