The JGM team has rapid response mastered. When you find yourself in an emergency, from steel fabrication and erection to complex industrial construction, to process piping and mechanical installation, we can have a crew on site, anywhere in the United States, within 24 hours from initial contact, ready to tackle your challenge!
When it comes to rapid response situations, our core values of uncompromising safety, doing whatever it takes, planning, adapting, creating value through solutions, and committing to self-improvement leads to our overall success – and yours – when you need it done yesterday. To learn more about our rapid response capabilities and some of our noteworthy emergency projects, keep reading.
What are JGM’s Rapid Response Capabilities?
At JGM, you have a single point of contact to activate our in-house team of skilled ironworkers, millwrights, riggers, welders, pipefitters, and boilermakers to tackle your project on a moment’s notice. Coupled with a network of reliable vendors and partners all over the country to help deliver emergency services, we have an army to assist! And with our 65,000 square foot shop on site in Coatesville, PA to fast track all critical piping and structural fabrication needs, we can accomplish almost anything – especially when you need it yesterday!
Recently, our rapid response solutions were put to the test for a long-time mining client in New Jersey when their roof collapsed right before a major nor’easter was about to pummel the area with a debilitating winter storm. We mobilized our engineering and construction teams to develop a comprehensive plan to safely demolish the existing roof and install a new permanent roof while properly bracing the walls. In a mere 48 hours, all engineering and shop drawings were complete and within two shifts our fabrication shop was able to fabricate all the new steel needed to complete the job. When the JGM team arrived at the plant, we added temporary scaffolding to protect the critical equipment from being further damaged. Then, our entire project team, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers set to work to replace the roof before the storm arrived, demonstrating how our whole network lives up to our JGM core values.
- Over Capacity Fabrication
- Process Piping
- Complex Steel Fabrication & Welding
- Plate & Tub Girder Fabrication
- Heavy Truss Fabrication
- Bridge Girder Fabrication
- Millwright Work
- Turnkey Industrial Construction
- Engineered Demolition
- Steel Erection
- Heavy Rigging
What are JGM’s Notable Rapid Response Projects?
Time and again, JGM comes through for our clients on projects big and small that needed to be done yesterday! What may seem to be an impossible project to some companies, is an exciting challenge for our team! Check out some of our successful rapid response projects:
- Steel Dynamics – With only a three-day window to fabricate and install several structural steel platforms, JGM employed their rapid response service to complete this scrap funnel stringer platform project quickly and efficiently under challenging conditions. The team was able to perform the work safely and successfully on time and on budget.
- North Star Construction Management – With the help of our strategic vendor partners, JGM was able to execute a mission critical project within a brand-new Amazon Distribution Center to erect a 750,000 square foot mezzanine within a four-month time frame. Including 9,000 tons of structural steel and joist fabrication and a pace of 50,000 square feet of metal deck installed each day, this project was completed on schedule logging 30,000-man hours and boasting zero list time incidents.
- Exelon Corporation – Within one hour of receiving a phone call for help on the afternoon before Thanksgiving Day, the JGM team was able to mobilize to assist with an emergency solution in time for the client’s delivery of a new turbine that Saturday afternoon. Thanks to creative engineering and a team of fabricators and welders at the ready, we fabricated, transported, and successfully installed a secondary bridge to safely support the turbine delivery in time for their original outage scheduled over the holiday.
- Mining Client – In April of 2022, JGM was called by a longtime mining client when a critical part of their production equipment broke and required an immediate repair. JGM was able to design, fabricate, and transport the mill casting replacement within a tight 10-day turnaround.
- Local Steel Mill – A longtime client of JGM’s recently reached out with nearly back-to-back emergencies. The first was regarding an accident that damaged their client’s building structure and required immediate assistance to clear and stabilize. The JGM team mobilized to the site right away, clearing the scene to then stabilize the structure with a temporary support beam while they work towards a permanent solution to repair the facility. The second emergency was a generator stator replacement that required a 48-hour turnaround in fabrication. Not only did the JGM team deliver, but they also fabricated custom crane pads and completed multiple changes to the lifting beam on the fly! Both rapid responses required significant teamwork, strategizing and a lot of hustle to accomplish, but true to the core values, they were able to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done!
We’re Up for the Challenge
Looking for an experienced and capable steel fabrication and turnkey construction company to assist with a project on a tight timeline or an emergency requiring a rapid response? We’re up for the challenge! At JGM, we pride ourselves on doing what others think is impossible, and completing projects safely, quickly, and to the highest quality standards. With over 20 years’ experience and a project portfolio that speaks for itself, challenge us with your next rapid response project.